Friday, February 22, 2013

The Importance Of Rest In A Busy World.


There was this time in my life, last year, when I was burned out so badly I didn't have strenght even to work. It wasn't the first time I had crashed like that and that God had to tell me to take time off. But I felt guilty not putting my time into something important. So I figured I should at least put time into studying lots about the prophetic and possibly getting more involved in ministry, that way I wouldn't have to feel guilty about not doing anything. Yet while I was striving to feel some sort of accomplishment in another way other then my secular work, all the more I felt dead and so drained that I had nothing left to give. Not even in ministry. I took it to the Lord, who then spoke into my spirit:

"I LOVE YOU, UNCONDITIONALLY. YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING FOR ME. I LOVE YOU AS IS. YOU CAN TRUELY REST IN ME. I AM NOT CALLING YOU TO DO ANYTHING FOR ME RIGHT NOW. I DONT NEED YOUR HELP IN ANYTHING. I WANT YOU TO JUST BE IN ME. CAN YOU HANDLE THAT? HOW HARD IS IT TO JUST BE IN ME? JUST BE IN ME. THAT IS ALL I WANT YOU TO DO RIGHT NOW. JUST BE IN ME. I AM HERE FOR YOU, CARRYING YOU AND YOU CAN FEEL IT TOO. YOU CAN FEEL MY CONTENTMENT OVER YOU. YOU DON'T HAVE TO STRIVE TO DO ANYTHING. JUST BE. JUST ENJOY. THIS SEASON IS FOR YOU AND FOR ME TOO. ITS ABOUT YOU AND ME. ENJOY THE QUIET AND PEACE. I LOVE YOU".

Food for thought: Can you relate to being overly tired that you have nothing left to give? Who suffers the consequences of your physical or mental exhaustion? Do you take at least one day of the week off? What do you do on your day off? Play, rest, read, hang out with friends and/or family or more mental and physical activity such as grocery shopping, yardwork, websurfing or homework? Do you find it easy to just rest in the Lord and do absolutely nothing without feeling guilty? Do you agree that ministry can also drain you yet many times you assume God wants you to keep going?
Would you please share some Scripture references that you were reminded of as you read what I sensed the Lord saying to me that day?




Picture: my handwritten journal. Red lines are what I sense He is saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment