Monday, February 25, 2013

Lights, Camara, Action!!!


Wouldn't you love to be to be a star? One of the perks is getting to be on the Red Carpet for sure!! Camara's flashing, people yelling...
Yet some of us have been performing all our lives!!! No red carpets to attend, no awards, no perks whatsoever! I am raising my hand, I know what that is like... because I grew up having to perform constantly as a little girl to please my daddy. I had to work hard at being good all the time to earn his love and acceptance. Yet no matter how much I performed, I never felt loved and accepted by him, rather rejected and unloved. At least that is how I felt. (I thank God it was the exact opposite with my mom though...couldn't have felt more loved and wanted). But I know that formed in me this need to constantly perform to the point that I am extremely driven. Nothing wrong with being a hard worker. But when there is an "...oholic" attached to the word 'work', it isn't so good. I know I need God's healing from being a workaholic and being so driven that my mind has trouble resting. Yet I worry that my career would suffer in the future if I become less driven if that makes sense... So, I was chatting with God about that, how I have all these concerns about my future when it comes to my work and that I really want to be less driven and performance oriented. I kept praying for a while into my future and different aspects of my work. As always, He is ready to answer...

"STAY WITH ME. YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT TOO MANY THINGS. I DON'T CALL YOU TO LIVE IN THE FUTURE. I GUARANTEE YOU THAT THE SAME WANTS ARE IN MY HEART FOR YOU. YOUR DESIRES COME FROM MY OWN HEART AND THAT IS WHY YOU CAN REST KNOWING I WILL FULFILL MY PURPOSES FOR YOU. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE AFRAID THAT I WON'T DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU. HEY, I'VE GOT YOUR BACK, YOU CAN LEAN IN ON ME. HIGH FIVE! WE GOT THIS. ISN'T IT FUN TO STAY WITH ME? I AM A FUN GOD".

Food for thought...This reminds me of Martha when she was so performance oriented and Asked Jesus to tell Mary to go help her and Jesus did also tell her that she was concerned about too many things. Luke 10:41. And in saying "stay with Me", He is suggesting I do what Mary did, sit at His feet. Can you find a steak of performance in your own life? How does this affect your work and or family relations? Would you share in the comment box and also add what other Scriptures come to mind reading what the Lord shared with me? 


No comments:

Post a Comment