Thursday, February 21, 2013

God's Provision

How beautiful it is when we can sit with the Lord and ask questions that come from the heart. He is never surprised by what we are about to ask nor do any of our concerns bother Him. Well, I had a question... more like a complaint...

"God, we talked yesterday about your provision, that I should trust you more and that I should believe and learn from Biblical accounts that you did miracles for your people when they relied completely on you as opposed to when they tried intervening and creating limitations for themselves. But there are cases, real cases in the past where I felt and experienced that you DID NOT come through when I asked and pleaded for your provision in things that were very important to me. You did in many cases yes. But in others you didn't, yet you ask me if I have any proof of you letting me down or failing me. My memory says yes, I do have memories where I feel you did not come through in important situations. And if you say everything that is important to me is important to you, why were these things not important enough for you so as to provide for them like I begged? To the point that I have a hard time believing you will in future cases. So, what do you want to tell me this morning about these past non-provisions. Why were they not important to you? I prayed so much about them, didn't I? I believed, didn't I? They were important to me. Weren't they important to you? I know you are not offended by my question".

I felt that He patiently responded: "I AM NOT OFFENDED THAT YOU ARE ASKING, MY DEAREST ONE. IT WOULD BE FUTILE ANYWAY FOR MANKIND TO BE THE JUDGE OF ME. I AM THE RIGHTEOUS JUDGE AND MY WAYS ARE JUST. THERE IS NO MAN WHO CAN POINT A FINGER AT ME NOR CALL ME A LIAR. YOU ASK HONEST QUESTIONS AND I LOVE IT. YES, I HAVE ANSWERS FOR YOU. NOT ALL ANWERS COME IN THE TIME YOU WANT OR EXPECT THEM, REGARDLESS, I CALL YOU TO FAITH AND BELIEF. I AM THE GOD OF THE IMPOSSIBLE. I CHOOSE WHEN AND WHEN NOT TO RESPOND AND THAT IS THE WAY IT IS. IT MAY SEEM UNFAIR TO YOU, BUT I AM NOT AN UNFAIR GOD. I DO NOT OPERATE LIKE HUMAN JUSTICE SYSTEM AND YOU CAN'T MEASURE MY JUSTICE BY   HUMAN STANDARDS. I AM NOT A MERE MAN. MY WAYS ARE ABOVE HUMAN WAYS. THIS IS HARD TO COMPREHEND. BUT BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE FOR ME. MY DEAREST LITTLE CHILD DRESSED IN CUTE FRILLS, THIS IS ME BEING A DADDY TO YOU. IS IT SO THAT THE LITTLE GIRL GETS EVERYTHING SHE WANTS FROM HER DADDY, BECAUSE OF HOW CUTE SHE IS? CAN YOU SAY YOU GAVE YOUR CHILDREN EVERYTHING THEY WANTED? THOSE WANTS WERE IMPORTANT TO THEM ALSO. IN THEIR REASONING THEY COULD HAVE COME UP WITH MANY REASONS WHY THOSE WANTS WERE IMPORTANT TO THEM, YET YOU DIDN'T BUDGE. DOES THAT MAKE YOU AN UNFAIR PARENT? DID THAT MAKE YOU AN EVIL PARENT? YOU HAD YOUR STANDARDS OF WHAT WAS IMPORTANT AND UNIMPORTANT IN THEIR LIVES AT THAT TIME. I SEE ALL THINGS, I SEE ALL HEARTS AND I KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU. SO, WHEN I DO NOT ANSWER A PRAYER, IT IS NOT OUT OF MEANNESS OF MY HEART NOR AM I IGNORING YOU. I DO NOT LOVE YOU ANY LESS WHEN I DO NOT ANSWER YOUR WANTS. I AM NOT A BANK THAT YOU CAN WALK IN AND CASH A CHECK ANYTIME YOU WANT. I AM THERE TO PROVIDE FOR YOU BUT I AM MORE THEN JUST YOUR PROVIDER. I AM YOUR DEFENDER, YOUR PROTECTOR, YOUR HEALER AND I HAVE YOUR BACK IN ALL SITUATIONS. YOU HAVE TO COME TO TERMS WITH THE FACT THAT I KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU BECAUSE I HAVE YOUR BEST INTEREST IN MIND. AM I AN EVIL GOD BECAUSE I DID NOT ANSWER YOUR PRAYER AT A PARTICULAR POINT IN TIME? NO, COME TO ME AND SIT HERE AND REST AND TAKE IN MY PEACE. YOU CAN SEE IN SCRIPTURE THAT NOT EVERYTHING WENT THE WAY MY PEOPLE WANTED. BUT YOU CAN SEE HOW I HAVE BEEN FAITHFUL TO THEM FOR GENERATIONS. I BLESSED THEM ACCORDING TO THEIR CHOICES AND THEY ALSO LIMITED ME ACCORDING TO THEIR CHOICES. SO, STAY CLOSE TO ME AND BE OPEN TO MY WAYS. YOU DO NOT WANT TO LIMIT ME DUE TO YOUR POOR CHOICES. I SEE YOUR HEART AND YOU ASK HONEST QUESTIONS. I HOPE YOU REALIZE THAT EVEN WHEN I DID NOT ASNWER, I AM A GOOD GOD AND HAVE YOUR BEST INTEREST IN MIND". 


Picture Source: My own Instagram post. @SorayaRosaria


No comments:

Post a Comment